Prepare for this next wave of winter weather with a classic comfort food guaranteed to warm you right up! Add a spicy glaze for a grown-up twist on a childhood favorite.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Jalapeño Ketchup, divided (or Hot Habanero Ketchup for more of a bite)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the beef, turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the Sweet Jalapeno Ketchup
- Form this mixture into a loaf and place in a shallow pan.
- Stir Sweet Jalapeno Ketchup and the water (add more if too thick).
- Pour this sauce over the meatloaf and spread evenly with brush.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices
Let rest, then serve! We like to eat ours with these Saucey Mashed Potatoes
NOTE: the leftovers make delicious sandwiches! Load them up on your favorite bread with some veggies – our Ginger Cabbage Slaw would be a perfect complement!