Photo Credit: Uprootkitchen
Saucey Zucchini Noodle Bowl – BÚN CHÀ
Bún Chà is a common and traditional dish found in the streets of Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi. Made with rice Vermicelli noodles it’s then topped with fresh herbs, lettuce, grilled pork and spring rolls – and of course savory, sweet Nước Chấm sauce is then drizzled over the bowl.
Here’s our own version of Bún Chà, Saucey Zucchini Noodle Bowl, healthier and full of authentic Vietnamese flavors.
4 Zucchini, cut into noodles
2 Carrots, cut in thin matchsticks
2 handfuls of Romaine Lettuce, shredded
1 Cucumber, sliced
4 sprigs of Mint, sliced
2 handfuls Cilantro, chopped
15-20 leaves of Basil, sliced
1 C Roasted Peanuts, chopped
2 Jalapeños, sliced (and deseeded if you don’t love spicy!)
1/4 C + 2T Fresh Lemon Saucey Sauce
or for some heat Spicy Garlic Sauce Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
Top with Chicken, Beef, Pork, Shrimp or Tofu!
- Spread the Zucchini noodles out on paper towels and sprinkle with salt
- Prepare all other veggies and herbs: carrots, romaine, cucumber, jalapenos, cilantro, basil and mint.
- In a large bowl, add the Zucchini Noodles pouring over Lemon Garlic Saucey Sauce
- Top with all veggies, herbs and crushed peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the protein of your choice
- Serve immediately