Photo credit: Anu Menon
Saucey Sauce Oysters
Whether you love them raw, fried, or on the half shell, oysters are not only delicious, but they also offer lots of health benefits like: high levels of heart and brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. To celebrate National Oyster Day, we introduce Saucey Sauce’s 1st oyster recipe… using a healthy and delicious vinaigrette to make oysters even more delectable.
24 Oysters, freshly shucked
2 Limes (juice & zest)
1/2 C Saucey Sauce Fresh Lemon
1/4 C Water
1/4 C Sugar
1 C Crispy Shallots
1 C of Scallions
1 C of Cilantro (optional)
- In a bowl make vinaigrette by mixing water, Fresh Lemon & Spicy Garlic Saucey Sauces, lime juice and sugar.
- Shuck your oysters leaving a little of their shell water (liquor) behind.
- Spoon over the vinaigrette over oysters (about 1 teaspoon per oyster).
- Top oysters with crispy shallots, scallions and grate fresh lime zest.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired