Photo Credit: Saki Yonezawa
Colorful Saucey Sauce Chicken Bowl
Asians love to make everything “bowl” or “Don” which means to put everything on rice. Our fan Saki Yonezawa shares her favorite Japanese rice bowl recipe with the Vietnamese twist of our Saucey Sauces! She calls it her “Colorful Saucey Sauce Chicken Bowl”.
1 C of Japonica rice or sticky rice is preferable, but any rice can be used
4 Chicken Thighs, cut in small pieces
1 Yellow Bell pepper, chopped
1 Red Bell pepper, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Eggplant, peeled and chopped
3 Shiitake mushroom, chopped
1 Lotus roots, peel and chopped
1 t Olive Oil
- Cook rice as directed
- In dish or Ziploc bag, marinate chicken thighs in Sweet Ginger Sauce Sauce. Cover chicken completely and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet. Add chicken and lightly brown. Add marinade and bring to light simmer stirring frequently.
- Add veggies to pan and stir
- Pour Ginger Glaze Saucey Sauce over chicken and veggies bringing to low simmer.
- Add rice bowl to bowl and top with chicken and veggies