Photo credit: Rasa Malaysia
The latest addition to our Saucey Sauce recipe collection is one of the most famous, aromatic and delicious Vietnamese dishes, Lemongrass Chicken. This full-balanced dish is simple and bursting with the fresh flavors of Lemongrass, then combined with Saucey Sauce to give simple chicken bold VietNOMese flavors!
- 2 lemongrass stalks, tough outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2T of Fresh Lemon Saucey Sauce
- 1T of Brown Sugar Ginger Glaze Saucey Sauce
- ½ t crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped in squares with ½-inch thickness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2T vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (if desired)
- Process lemongrass, shallot, Brown Sugar Ginger Glaze and red pepper flakes with Fresh Lemon Saucey Sauce in a food processor to a fine paste.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a resealable plastic bag. Add the mixture and chill for at least 30 minutes (for bolder flavor marinate longer).
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high.
- Remove chicken from marinade, scraping off excess, and cook until golden brown for 6-8 minutes; turn and cook until cooked through
- Garnish with lime wedges
- Serve with rice, noodles or salad