This simple but delicious recipe was adapted from Saveur Magazine’s recipe here.
Bok choy and choy sum are staples in many Asian cuisines. I’ve always loved it in combination style pan-fried noodles. It can stand on its own just as well, with just a little bit of hoisin sauce. You can even treat it like spinach and add a little garlic, which is what we’ll be doing with our Spicy Garlic sauce. (If you aren’t a fan of spicy, our Fresh Lemon is perfect with Bok choy/choy sum as well).
Ingredients you’ll need:
1.5 lbs. bok choy or choy sum
2-3 tbsp. of our Spicy Garlic sauce (or Fresh Lemon sauce)
bowl of ice water
1. Boil a pot of lightly salted water
2. Trim the ends off of your bok choy/choy sum
3. Blanch your bok choy/choy sum for 1 or 2 minutes max (or until tender)
4. Immediately place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process for 30 seconds
5. After 30 seconds, drain them from the ice water
6. Pour Spicy garlic/Fresh Lemon sauce over the warm bok choy/choy sum and mix with spoon