This delicious carrots recipe coated in a buttery & Sweet Ginger Sauce is perfect for the holidays!
Serves 6 -8
2 pounds fresh baby carrots, cleaned, tops trimmed to 1/2-inch
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely diced crystallized ginger
3 tablespoons of Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce
Freshly ground white pepper
Pinch of sea salt, or other good finishing salt
1. In a shallow saucepan, over low heat, add the carrots & cover with cold water.
2. Add a pinch of salt and bring the water to a simmer.
3. Cover pot loosely with a lid, resting on the rim of pan to let steam escape. Remove carrots from the water when they’re almost fork tender and drain.
4. In a medium sauté pan, over low heat, add the butter & stir in the chopped crystallized ginger & Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce.
5. Allow the sugar from the ginger to melt into the butter; then transfer the steamed carrots to the pan.
6. Toss gently for approximately 2 minutes until the carrots are completely coated with the ginger butter.
7. Finish with a pinch of salt & a crack of freshly ground white pepper. Serve immediately.