It’s not too often one goes crazy over vegetable sides, but palates are wowed by the sweet and savory flavors of these tender carrots made with our Sweet Ginger Nuoc Cham. It’s a perfect way to quickly add a fresh veggie to your holiday feast!
Serves 6 -8
2 pounds fresh baby carrots, cleaned, tops trimmed to 1/2-inch
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons finely diced crystallized ginger
3 tablespoons of Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce
Freshly ground white pepper
- In a shallow saucepan, over low heat, add the carrots & cover with cold water.
- Add a pinch of salt and bring the water to a simmer.
- Cover pot loosely with a lid, resting on the rim of pan to let steam escape. Remove carrots from the water when they’re almost fork tender and drain.
- In a medium sauté pan, over low heat, add the butter & stir in the chopped crystallized ginger & Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce.
- Allow the sugar from the ginger to melt into the butter; then transfer the steamed carrots to the pan.
- Toss gently for approximately 2 minutes until the carrots are completely coated with the ginger butter. Serve immediately.