Photo credit: peasandcarrots
Ginger Seared Scallops Recipe. Making scallops for dinner is easy especially, if you just need to sear and drizzle with our Ginger Glaze. Serve with your favorite grain and greens – and you have a 5 star dinner in no time.
1 1/4 lb sea scallops (about 16)
1/2 T unsalted butter
1/2 T Olive oil
5 T Ginger Glaze
Fresh Parsley, finely chopped (optional garnish)
- Add the butter and oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on high heat.
- Once the oil/butter begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- After flipping, pour 1 teaspoon of Ginger Glaze over each scallop
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired
- Serve immediately