We could always use more soup in our lives, especially easy and delicious soup. We love avgolemono soup (literally meaning “lemon” and “egg”) and we’re giving it a twist by adding vermicelli and fish sauce!
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup uncooked vermicelli
3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Saucey Sauce
Fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Bring the broth to boil
- Add the vermicelli to cook, about 5 minutes
- Meanwhile whisk together the eggs and Fresh Lemon Saucey Sauce
- Ladle about 1 cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture and slowly combine, being careful not to scramble the eggs
- Add the mixture back to the simmering saucepan. Stir just until the soup becomes opaque and thickens as the eggs cook, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to season
- Make it prettier by adding fresh chopped parsley lemon slices
NOTE: Add some shredded chicken to make this more hearty!