This recipe takes the traditional Thanksgiving mashed potato and packs it with umami. The Spicy Garlic sauce makes a basic spud sing with flavor! The recipe calls for a quarter cup, but you can add as little (pack a quick punch) or as much (breathe fire) as you and your family like.
3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup Spicy Garlic Saucey Sauce
6 ounces grated Parmesan
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half and the Spicy Garlic Saucey Sauce in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.